In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1EEUU(student)a sixth grader — un alumno de sexto grado / año
- Once the books were completed, the students had an opportunity to take them to a neighboring elementary school and share their stories with first and second graders.
- Every year we look at the new crop of 9th graders coming into high school and only a few can demonstrate that they have been taught well.
- High-school photography students came to photograph the sixth - graders at work.
- As the bell rang all the sixth graders rushed to the auditorium.
- Using fluency as an example, the curriculum calls for the fourth grader to read approximately 90 words per minute.
- The participants in this study were 61 fourth graders who had been in an English-only school district in the San Francisco Bay Area of California since kindergarten.
- How could anyone be making that much money overseeing a school district where a third of the 3rd graders couldn't read?
- At one elementary school, 68% of kindergartners and first graders receive free lunches.
- My ninth graders were the kids the system had given up on - the dropouts, the lost causes.
- Testing is also available in Spanish for third and fourth graders, but all students test in English.
- Approximately 20 percent of tenth to twelfth graders do not complete high school.
- First off, I have been participating in a special program offered to 6th graders who can pass an 8th grade test with 90 % or higher at West Highschool.
- I coach several youth basketball teams, and my players range from 3rd graders to 7th graders.
- We handed out a quiz to each seventh grader at our school.
- These are mostly 10th graders with some 12 th graders, but they are very politically aware and astute.
- Fourth graders are slipping behind in mathematics and science, compared to students internationally.
- Eighth graders don't hang out with sixth graders.
- Bright sixth graders stay after school to tutor fourth graders who are having trouble with fractions or reading.
- English education was extended to fifth and sixth graders at primary schools last year.
- The majority of my time has been spent working with the oldest students at our school - eighth graders.
2(machine for levelling)niveladora femenino
- Local governments already share road graders and other expensive equipment.
- We have 10 to 12 miles of roads to maintain, and we wanted a grader big enough to cover them all.
- The usual fleet of wheel loaders, graders and plough/sander trucks maintains the road network.
- The grader was about 400 ft down the road from where the laborer and co-worker had deposited the tamper.
- You will see graders keeping our rural roads in shape.
- In the past, graders at construction sites achieved accuracy by making repeated passes over the ground.
- It seems almost unnecessary to say it now, because graders are so accurate as they level the ground, whether it is for a new road, reshaping an old road, or for basic grading work at construction sites.
- Qualified and experienced staff have left for greener pastures and graders which were once a common site in the townships are now skeletons resting on boulders waiting to be shipped to the scrapyard.
- I have approached officials several times and a year ago they attempted to grade the road - the grader got stuck and they left the job incomplete.
- They point out some important differences between motor graders and other earthmoving machines when it comes to converting engine power to tractive effort and work output.
- Gogo also called on the government to provide a grader to fix roads in the area since the region was inaccessible to ordinary vehicles.
- For road building, he uses two dozers and two road graders.
- The old adage about bad workmen blaming their tools might be true, but in our conversations we have heard few operators of loaders, graders, excavators, and dozers blaming their machines.
- Finally the grader came along and levelled and shingled the road.
- Most of the graders and excavators manufactured today come with restriction gauges, and every engine manufacturer has a restriction guideline.
- The graders ripped the existing road and gathered all available material into two windrows, then spread and graded behind the mobile crusher as it progressed down the road.
- Excavators, articulated trucks, dozers, motor graders, and bottom-dump highway trucks are a few examples of the diverse machinery used on a typical job site.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.