- The editor and owner of the paper then was John Galvin, the grand-uncle of the current owner, also John Galvin.
- The last member of the family who was involved in politics was my grand-uncle Joe Delaney, back in the 30s.
- Like his grand-uncle Frank, young Mark dreamed of being a fighter pilot with the RAF.
- Celebrants were Fr Joe Kennedy, a grand-uncle of Caroline, and Fr Sean Stokes, a relation of the groom.
- His father, his grandfather and his grand-uncles had all served as squaddies in the Crown forces.
- And my grand-uncles had a gospel quartet that would sing at church and community events.
- I recently inherited a quaint English cottage in Sussex between Eastbourne and Pevensey that was once owned by my great grand-uncle on my mother's side.
- Except for a grand-uncle who had painted frescoes in a church, nobody in his family had any connections to art.