In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1nudo corredizo masculino
- The procedure doesn't distinguish, for example, between the granny knot and the square knot even though it is impossible to deform one into the other.
- It was a process a bit like tying a granny knot: twisting one edge of the sausage rope into a loop, then threading the other end through, looping it, and twisting again.
- Blow the balloon up to a normal size and knot the end tight with a granny knot.
- Cut it off about 2 feet beyond the top bar, and tie this loose end with a granny knot that will come out easily later.
- Park, a keen sailor, told the trial he did not use granny knots, of which there were some on the body ropes.
- A double turn blood knot will do the trick, or tie a few granny knots in the tail link.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.