In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Incidentally, a gravy boat is also available for purchase.
- He was carrying the gravy boat, which was in the shape of a swan.
- I listened to her with the realization that her very last words to me might be, ‘this gravy boat belonged to your grandmother.’
- The biggest prize she had ever won was a gravy boat in raffle in 1977, but she's now £1, 000 richer.
- The crystal, the Syracuse china and the gravy boat we only used once a year.
- Just before serving, over low heat, whisk in 2 more tablespoons butter; pour into a gravy boat.
- If you pay attention, you'll learn not only how to select the perfect gravy boat, but also how to return it for cash.
- Tip any juices that have flowed out of the chicken into the gravy, then strain into a warm jug or gravy boat.
- A full Victorian service will have dinner plates, side plates, tea plates, soup bowls, sauce tureens, covers and stands, large tureens and covers, open dishes, ladles, sauce and gravy boats - the basic principle is the more the merrier.
- The sauces came separately in their own gravy boats and really elevated the steak to higher levels.
- It came with a beautifully baked potato accompanied by a large gravy boat full of sour cream and a medley of grilled vegetables.
- The salad came with two gravy boats, one with salsa and the other with Balsamic vinegar.
- That's why English gravy boats retained their separate drip plates, whereas American versions comes attached.
- Can you take the gravy boat to the table please.
- Early on, we were prompted by a number of requests to produce tabletop products like dishes and gravy boats in addition to our greeting cards and picture frames.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.