In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(unclear, undefined area)zona gris femeninoterreno poco definido masculino
- Of course, this is one of Formula One's many great grey areas, can all teams withdraw on safety grounds en masse, and not be penalised.
- According to Cohen, while Canada is making significant strides on the gay marriage front, there are still many legal grey areas for gay parents.
- But it goes to show that people back then, who had very little in materialistic terms, had an instinctive sense of right and wrong with no grey areas in between.
- There are some scenarios where the right direction is pretty obvious, but there also are gray areas where the decision isn't as clear cut.
- This legislation is being promoted as being something that simplifies things, but there's still a lot of grey areas there.
- Whilst its existence and much of the conduct of its affairs may not be actually secret or secretive, it can be seen as a global institution whose role and position in world affairs are grey areas.
- Many small businesses feel that imposing a blanket ban will avoid any confusion over grey areas in the legislation.
- Indian service tax rules have a lot of grey areas.
- I used to be idealistic enough to think that all the world was clean and tidy, that rules were rules, that there were no gray areas anywhere.
- Indeed, the role of journalists and the media in dealing with criminals or suspected felons is a grey area with undefined boundaries.
- We have cleared up a number of grey areas, and a number of situations where the existing legislation was unclear about lines of accountability and responsibility.
- Is anybody else amazed at just how many gray areas there are in the football rules?
- This new legislation has cleared up the grey area of who is responsible for identifying and managing asbestos in the work place.
- The older I get the more the issue of crime and punishment becomes a grey area.
- In fact, there are a lot of gray areas regarding client trust accounts.
- Furr isn't opposed to exploiting the gray areas in the NASCAR rule book - actually, that's half the challenge.
- Once again, its one of those grey areas where there needs to be a change in the law.
- There are a lot of grey areas here, and it could descend into a legal quagmire,’ Weatherburn said.
- There are indeed many grey areas within this issue, but I am quite sure that the law is correct in maintaining euthanasia's illegality.
- Hard-and-fast rules leave no room for gray areas, and we women are always complicated.
2(in-between area)zona intermedia femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.