In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He inspires in youth a sense of possibility and in greybeards a sense of youth.
- Despite all these changes, we graybeards can take comfort in the fact that there is indeed at least one ‘Eternal Marketing Truth’ which still applies.
- The graybeards out there will remember that the practice of renting computers is decades old.
- In the new age of fluidly changing computer skills it is the kids, reflexes honed by years of electronic games, who lead the field, not the greybeards.
- The cheers came on cue, even though the applause must have struck quite a few of the Democratic graybeards in the audience as a tad ironic.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.