In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tímalo masculinotimo masculino
- Like all salmonids the grayling has a small adipose fin behind the dorsal fin.
- Most species of river fish will be surveyed including trout, grayling, dace, barbel, chub and pike.
- The grayling fishing in the summer months can certainly be exciting when fishing with a dry fly.
- By carrying out the project we hope to attract fish, such as chub, dace, grayling and trout as well as other wildlife back to this particular stretch of river.
- Winter grayling fishing on a cold riverbank may not be to everyone's taste but it offers a welcome antidote to a severe case of the winter fishing blues.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.