In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ayudante de mecánico femenino
- ‘I never would have thought of you as a grease monkey,’ he said unable to keep the smile off his face.
- A Preston university student has taken a year out to become a grease monkey for the Formula Renault motor racing team.
- Although university educated in his own country, here he is a grease monkey.
- In a tent in the Festival Village, designers, technicians and grease monkeys are working on building a Ferrari like the world has never seen before.
- We always teased him about his stint as a grease monkey, but looking at this, I'd say it paid off.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.