In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1papel encerado masculinopapel de cera masculinopapel parafinado masculino Españapapel (de) manteca masculino Río de la Platapapel (de) mantequilla masculino Chile
- Most modern puddings are made in a basin covered with layers of foil and greaseproof paper.
- She proceeded to create a template from greaseproof paper and stuck it to her plate.
- Add the rosemary, cover with greaseproof paper, place in the preheated oven, and roast for 15 minutes.
- Fold in all edges, roll up neatly into a roll with aid of tea towel and roll onto a greaseproof paper-lined baking sheet.
- Roll out the pastry between two sheets of greaseproof paper until it is large enough to overlap the sides of a 25 cm fluted tart ring with a removable base.
- Place the filled balls onto a baking tray, lightly greased or lined with greaseproof paper and pop them into the oven for about ten minutes, until slightly browned at the edges.
- Bake the pastry case blind by covering with parchment or greaseproof paper and baking beans for about 15 minutes.
- Shake the pepper on to a sheet of greaseproof paper and press the steaks in the pepper until evenly coated.
- Not all that long ago when you bought meat it was cut before you and wrapped firstly in white greaseproof paper and then in light brown, rather stronger, paper.
- Line a shallow baking tin with a little oil and greaseproof paper.
- Cover the bowl with greaseproof paper, allow to cool and then place in the fridge or leave in a cool place overnight.
- The drawer was scrubbed scrupulously after it was emptied and lined with baking paper or greaseproof paper before being refilled.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.