In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bisnieto masculinobisnieta femeninobiznieto masculinobiznieta femenino
- They have a son, John, and daughter, Ann, four grandchildren and three great-grandchildren aged three, four and five.
- The couple have a son and two daughters, six grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
- Elizabeth had a son and has a daughter, three grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren, who helped her celebrate her big birthday at a party on Sunday.
- He leaves his wife, five daughters, 16 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
- The couple have two sons, David and Graham, and a daughter, Susan, eight grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.