In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bisnieta femeninobiznieta femenino
- I have 11 grandsons and five granddaughters and now I have my first great-granddaughter.
- They now have six grandchildren and six great-granddaughters.
- The couple have two sons, one grandson and one granddaughter and two great-granddaughters.
- Roma was being joined on her big day by her son and daughter, five grand children, and her great-granddaughter.
- She was predeceased by her husband and is survived by three children, a sister, eight grandchildren and a great-granddaughter.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.