- I know my great-grandmother on my mother's side was also a Canadian.
- They have robbed us of a mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.
- My mother speaks of my great-grandmother as if she knew her, even though she died many years before her birth.
- She was a wonderful friend, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother and she will be greatly missed.
- Being raised by both his mother in Maryland and his great-grandmother in the rural backwaters of North Carolina has given him, he says, a sense of perspective.