In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1círculo máximo masculinobefore noun great circle sailing — navegación ortodrónica femenino
- First of all, a great circle route is the most efficient, and second, we try to take advantage of tailwinds and stay out of headwinds, all of which goes into determining our actual route of flight.
- By spherical geometry, we mean geometry on the surface of a sphere, where the great circles are taken as lines.
- The great circle distances between the latitude and longitude coordinates of the population centroids for each pair of counties were used in the denominator.
- It consisted of a system of rings corresponding to the great circles of the celestial sphere with a central tube which was used to line up stars and planets.
- A spherical triangle is the space included by arcs of great circles on the surface of a sphere… these arcs are always less than a semicircle.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.