In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1gran danés masculino
- Large, powerful dogs are frequently targeted, including Akitas, chow chows, Dalmatians, Dobermans, German Shepherds, Great Danes, pit bulls, Rottweilers as well as mixes of these breeds.
- The City Police Dog Squad has 21 dogs belonging to five different breeds - nine Labrador Retrievers, six Dobermann Pinschers, three German Shepherds, two Great Danes and a Rottweiler.
- Opening the door Caroline walked in to be greeted by her dog Apollo, who was a Great Dane and looked ferocious because of his black fur.
- Because this breed is intelligent, Great Danes are easy to train.
- This year there was a large contingent of Great Danes and Mastiffs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.