- Holding the reins of his horse with one hand, Alexander used the other to fasten the top three buttons of his greatcoat.
- Louis-Philippe was prepared to rehabilitate Napoleon the general but not the emperor, so he put a statue of Napoleon wearing his famous greatcoat and hat on the Vendôme column in 1833.
- Dark-skinned, probably North African, he is wearing a dun-coloured greatcoat and a richly embroidered cap.
- He put his valise on his lap, beneath his waxed greatcoat, tied his hat under his chin, propped his cane between his legs and settled down.
- He stood by the windows, looking out over the great expanse of choppy sea, his tall form draped in something nondescript which might have been a military greatcoat.
- Philip didn't answer, accepting his greatcoat from a footman, and accompanying David out the door.
- She was feeling less bitter, so she took off her petticoat and put on her greatcoat, the better to be magnanimous.
- An older man in a greatcoat and tie eventually turned up.
- He said: ‘He is wearing a military uniform complete with greatcoat and tin hat.’
- Keeping the greatcoat under him for protection from the ground, he slowly slid across the reddish dirt of the clearing and into the shade.
- Every ounce saved was important and they didn't even take blankets or greatcoats and they slept as best they could in rough bamboo shelters with only a groundsheet to keep out the mountain cold.
- He huddled into his greatcoat, feeling the stiff spine of his leather-bound book, then drew it out and turned page after page, until the numbers appeared as tiny smudges.
- He took off his greatcoat and hung it over the back of the wooden chair at the small table.
- Mutti motioned anxiously to Sophie, who bustled towards us with a pair of heavy greatcoats.
- Half-seen in a corner of the lobby, three watchmen in greatcoats crouch over a brazier.
- I tugged my hat low over my forehead and pulled my greatcoat more tightly around me.
- Their clothes were ill-fitting, their boots new and uncomfortable, they slept in their greatcoats on the bare earth - and it was cold.
- An eagle-eyed reader claims he saw him walking near his west London home last Saturday morning, wearing a woollen greatcoat and leather moccasins, but no trousers.
- Inspection of their clothing revealed they were wearing altered greatcoats.
- You could see them in their mud-clogged boots, with ill-fitting greatcoats and oversized rifles, filing off into an opaque horizon.