In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1zona verde femenino
- Sevenoaks Council has issued a warning to people thinking about buying plots of land in the green belt for housing.
- They say the area is in the green belt and the proposed retail development is totally inappropriate and would set an unacceptable precedent if approved.
- There should be no further erosion of the green belt.
- In fact, this is little more than a cleverly disguised plan to build houses on historic green belt land.
- It will ruin a green belt area and our lovely country village.
- In addition, the public generally may be affected if, for example, conservation areas or the green belt is affected.
- The green belt must be safeguarded and any encroachment of this must be strongly opposed at all costs.
- Bradford Council said the site was in a green belt area, which imposed restrictions on applications.
- Last week, both ministers advocated ripping up Britain's green belt to solve the housing crisis.
- The owners of several sites have also carried out changes of use and minor building work on green belt land, without planning permission.
- About 80 per cent of the City of York Council area is within the green belt.
- ‘We are preserving as much green belt land as we possibly can,’ she said.
- Little can be built in the grounds of a Grade One listed building and the area is also in a conservation area and green belt.
- The council has a policy to refuse new buildings in the green belt unless they are for farming, forestry, outdoor sport and recreation or in very special circumstances.
- One of the biggest concerns for the town council is if we allow this one, it would open up the green belt to other applications.
- With its two spectacular churches dominating the skyline, its sprawling green belt and historic buildings, the market town of Beverley continues to attract incomers.
- The area stands within the green belt despite having been an industrial site in use since the late 18th century.
- Relaxing planning controls over development in the green belt would unleash a wave of unsustainable urban sprawl.
- Secondly it is a green belt site and the council has a policy to develop brown belt first.
- The firm must demonstrate ‘very special circumstances’ for building in the green belt.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.