In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in US)boina verde masculino
- Michael was a Green Beret, a member of the Army's elite Special Forces, and had served in the Persian Gulf War during his 28 years in the military.
- We'll talk with NATO's former supreme allied commander, as well as a former Green Beret.
- Capt. Amerine is a Green Beret with Fifth Special Forces Group.
- He will now spend four days at Fort Bragg, where he will conduct a clinic and learn about the military lifestyle of his father, a former Green Beret.
- Kerry's boat was then hit by another explosion that knocked Rassmann, an army Green Beret, into the water.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.