In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cebolleta femeninocebollino masculinocebolla de verdeo femenino Río de la Platacebollín masculino Chile
- In a small bowl, whisk horseradish, sour cream, and green onions together.
- Scallions are a specific variety of onion, while green onions can be grown from any onion variety, including leeks.
- Unlike their larger bulb cousins, green onions, scallions and leeks should be refrigerated.
- Who wouldn't want to eat what's local when that includes almost anything you can think of, from sugar snap peas, green onions and radishes to the first beans, beets and zucchini.
- Serve with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, guacamole, cilantro and green onions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.