- Outside the breeding season you will always find greenfinches in small flocks.
- Birds will be roosting in your Leylandii hedge - especially greenfinches which prefer to roost in conifer.
- In the mid 1960s deaths from salmonellosis were reported in greenfinches and house sparrows feeding at bird tables in gardens.
- Two or more greenfinches will fly some distance to the garden shrub Daphne mezereum L., usually in June, to devour every one of its hundreds of large seeds.
- The numbers of greenfinches have increased over the years, but so have the primroses!