- Ladybirds are well known predators of greenflies and other aphids.
- Natural enemies of greenflies are ladybird larvae, hoverfly larvae, gall-fly larvae, lacewings and earwigs.
- Wipe greenfly off plants with your fingers or spray plants with soft soap or a pesticide containing pirimicarb.
- For safe and effective control of greenfly a range of products can be used.
- Fortunately ladybirds love to eat greenfly and they can help the gardener to control them without having to use chemical sprays which can also kill helpful insects.