In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1táctica de comprar un gran lote de acciones de una empresa y amenazarla con una OPA para lograr revenderle dichas acciones con una fuerte prima
- I was acquiring businesses through leveraged buyouts and greenmail which with more forethought I would have left well alone.
- This article develops a model in which greenmail and other forms of management resistance to takeovers can benefit shareholders.
- Within this safe harbor, greenmail, in effect, is legalized.
- By the mid-1990s, state legislatures had taken the lead in opposing greenmail through legislation.
- They bought off would-be raiders with greenmail.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.