In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1zona verde femenino
- The park provides a 14.5-mile paved greenway covered by a dense canopy of trees, perfect for avid walkers or bikers.
- The greenway will link urban and rural lands along I - 90 from Seattle up and over the Cascade Mountains.
- You will occasionally be asked to patrol a portion of the greenway to report any damage such as fallen trees.
- A well-used network of paths and greenways, many right along the shoreline, continues to expand, and 486 restaurants within city limits feed the oft repeated rumor that only San Francisco can claim more per capita.
- If the whole network is connected, there will be off-road trails and greenways from coast to coast.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.