In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(sorrow)dolor masculinoprofunda pena femenino
- Neither Chris nor Mom would want us to let our grief consume our lives.
- A devastated couple have told the Advertiser of their grief following the death of their baby son.
- The chaotic circumstances of burial often compounded a family's grief.
- She was well known and respected in the area and her death has caused much grief and sorrow.
- He nurses the old man lovingly and is filled with grief at his death.
- Mr Lewis had owned a second-hand shop in Victoria Road, but in his grief after Terry's death he turned to drink.
- But the loving bonds we share with pets are real, and so are the feelings of loss and grief when they die.
- Grief over a traumatic death does not follow an accepted timeline.
- Women and their partners may experience intense grief as they mourn their loss.
- They express grief at the death of Jesus and perhaps also at the death of the hopes that they had had in him.
- More difficult to handle than the immediate grief is the permanence of loss that sets in later.
- If you have lost someone or have been struggling with grief check out the fact sheets below.
- Her death caused intense grief in the parish.
- Wearing dark glasses, she had to be helped into a car as she was overcome by grief.
- Sarah wrote her book on coping with grief after the death of her daughter.
- It is important to seek professional help when you feel overwhelmed by your grief or memories.
- People's grief, and other reactions to emotional trauma, are as individual as a fingerprint.
- Support from others can be a reminder that grief is a universal experience and that you are not alone.
- The untimely death of Mr Woodhouse caused her immense grief and distress.
- Words could not describe the grief felt by the small but united community of Nurney.
2good grief! — ¡Jesús!
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.