In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It was a quadruped, gramnivorous, with 40 teeth, namely 24 grinders, 4 eye teeth and 12 incisive.
- In Philadelphia, Dr. Caspar Wistar, the nation's foremost anatomist, showed Lewis the animal's giant grinders.
1.1(machine)molinillo masculinoa coffee grinder — un molinillo de café
- Please note that most grinders are tested at the manufacturer and coffee grounds may be found in the grinder as a result.
- "Here's the electric coffee grinder, sweetheart, " I pointed out, coming up behind her.
- Coffee grinders are cheap, the time taken is minimal and the results are wonderful.
- The machine pushes the tree down, and then the grinder mulches it.
- The grinder can be found in high-end design stores worldwide, further attesting to its appeal.
- Using a meat grinder fitted with the large die, grind pork mixture.
- Grind the leg meat through a grinder fitted with the medium die attachment and set aside.
- Hand grinders or spice mills range from $15 to $60 and can be purchased at most culinary stores.
- The company recently unveiled a state-of-the-art assembly plant in which to assemble stainless steel pumps, grinders and other major equipment.
- The trucks carry the oil sands from the mine to the grinders.
- The spokesman said: ‘We had to use axle grinders to cut the metal open.’
- Grind all the ingredients together in a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle.
- Some tyre companies solve this by using a wire brush, or worse a grinder, to smooth rough areas on the wheel, but this removes metal, which weakens the wheel and is not recommended for safety.
- Quality coffee grinders are essential equipment to any coffee lover's kitchen.
- An electric meat grinder may cost $100 or more.
- Among the huge haul of tools taken from Mr Walker's farm were two chainsaws, jacks, grinders and spanners.
- In a spice grinder, pulverize red pepper flakes and juniper to a powder.
- Tip them into an electric grinder - or use a mortar and pestle - and grind until coarse.
- Laurie was an employee of Scott Paper Company, Sheet Harbour for many years, working on the grinders.
- Each table has a flower and a candle and your own black pepper grinder.
1.2(person)a knife grinder — un afilador
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.