In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But these are minor gripes and most people won't notice or care about it.
- Is it permitted to air a few gripes?
- The first reaction was the violence and what you see in the media but the most telling aspect is that a couple of people said the majority of the protesters have legitimate gripes.
- But if the only gripe you can have about watching two discs of soccer highlights is that the music sucks, it's not a bad complaint.
- Though it seemed a legitimate gripe, complaining did no good.
- The main menu is fine, but I have few minor gripes about the control setup.
- These are all relatively minor gripes, admittedly.
- This is not a moan or a gripe but something that's been puzzling me of late.
- Of the five local opinions sought on the operations of the Council, traffic and parking gripes predominated.
- At present my biggest gripe is the lack of facilities.
- Passengers pointed to overcrowding, delays, poor conditions and frequency as their main gripes.
- Our minor gripes were far out-weighed by some superb service and good quality food.
- Privatisation was one of the group's main gripes, according to the memorandum.
- If we had a minor gripe it was certainly not with the food but with the service.
- But all gripes aside, it is still an effective and moving portrait.
- Apart from English gripes about the weather, the main source of criticism was the cost of holidaying in Scotland, with one in three continental tourists complaining about value for money.
- But minor gripes aside, this is a great, original film.
- Really, my biggest gripe is the lack of extras on this DVD, especially a commentary track.
- There are some minor gripes I do have with the game play.
- I still have a gripe with journalists who consistently refuse to refer to documents like those above when constructing their various conspiracy theories.
2gripes pl(stomach pain)retorcijonesretortijones España
- When I brought him home he slept and then he started to cry loudly and I thought he had gripe.
- Plenty of time for late night blogging while coping with teething, chronic gripe and insomnia from 4am feeds.
- Andres was suffering from gripe and sinus problems for a couple weeks.
1it gripes me to see the way he eats — me da asco verlo comer
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.