In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It is very brief but even so makes quite horrifying and therefore quite gripping reading.
- Despite this good idea, however, the film fails to take it to what should have been a gripping conclusion.
- Call me old fashioned but I like a good story with some gripping characters.
- Although she offers gripping accounts of classified CIA memos, she rarely discusses ideas and publications.
- Perhaps most gripping is the scorched earth surrounding Khe Sanh, site of the bloodiest siege in the war.
- Building towards a gripping conclusion, The Octopus Hunter comes into its own by its blood splattered end.
- It takes considerable skill to craft a gripping novel approaching 300 pages in which nothing much happens during the first 150.
- How geckos adhere has been a gripping topic of scientific research for well over a century.
- Els was left with a four foot uphill putt, which he made to complete a gripping finale.
- The superb single-player option is supplemented by a gripping two-player versus mode.
- The memory defect makes for some unusual scenes: some gripping, some shocking, some funny.
- He is in practically every scene in the film and he holds all of them with gripping power.
- But as cinematic fright trips go, Jaws remains the most gripping.
- So he laid out the story with gripping, sorrowful detail.
- Documentary film-making doesn't get much more intelligent and gripping than this.
- The story of every convert to Judaism is a gripping tale of spiritual discovery.
- The film is brave, honest and utterly gripping.
- There are too many gripping moments to mention in this documentary.
- And I think this is what makes her story so gripping, especially to women.
- Less gripping are those swaths of the book that are essentially a biography of Salk, who simply wasn't a colorful character.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.