In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1carne molida femeninocarne picada femenino Río de la Plata España
- He's going to be talking about ground beef tonight.
- We've got some chickens and some lean ground beef.
- Today's nachos are made from surplus ground beef.
- I had to stop at Whole Foods to get some ground beef for the Bolognese sauce.
- Today, irradiation is making millions of pounds of ground beef safer from bacterial contamination.
- Ground beef is a major part of the American diet.
- A high-risk warning has been issued by the Agriculture Department over ground beef produced by an Illinois company.
- I had him ask the second gentleman, who responded, we make all of our ground beef with chuck.
- All you do is "just add ground beef."
- They prefer chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes to hamburger or ground beef.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) last year approved the use of irradiated ground beef in the National School Lunch Program.
- The ground beef from Fairway does a great job for hamburgers.
- To make your taco soup, you want to brown your ground beef in a skillet.
- Studies were conducted to determine the effect of HDP on naturally occurring spoilage, or shelf-life bacteria, in ground beef.
- We'll be reporting on a major new food scare, a new recall of ground beef.
- Some cuts of meat carry less risk of transmitting the disease than ground beef, which is used to make hamburgers.
- They were talked into using ground beef, which back then was a little taboo.
- Include steak, lean ground beef or roast beef in two of your five or six daily meals to sustain testosterone levels.
- The fatty ground beef is bad enough without the fat-laden cheese.
- American Foods Group in Wisconsin is recalling 96,000 pounds of bulk ground beef.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.