In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1control de tierra masculino
- While talking to ground control, concentrate on your radio proficiency, making certain that your relaxed mic work doesn't require a controller to correct you or prompt you to read back runway destinations, etc.
- Again there were some small problems but ground control as always was very helpful and we successfully finished the experiment.
- It will be commanded only once the ground control team have re-acquired signal from the spacecraft, and made sure with a sequence of tests that the second boom is correctly locked into position and the spacecraft is well under control.
- A pilot can obtain clearance on a screen in the cockpit before calling ground control to get taxi instructions for takeoff.
- The heater is not really needed when the arm is not in use, but ground control has not been able to activate a switch designed to override the thermostat, he explained.
- The ground control station is operated by a crew of three: Mission Controller, Air Vehicle Controller and Image Analyst.
- The commander is the captain of the space shuttle and makes all the critical decisions on behalf of the crew and in coordination with the ground control team.
- Without enough power to lift the spacecraft to its intended orbit, the shuttle pilots carried out an abort-to-orbit procedure and were able to successfully conduct their mission after some hasty replanning by NASA ground control teams.
- His job is to sit beside the pilot at the ground control station and operate sensors for the Predator that can deliver video of the enemy below.
- To give credence to the claim, communication transcripts between the flight and ground control were released showing that the crew had no indication or warning of impending trouble.
- I was working ground control on a very cold winter morning when one of the local charter pilots was cranking up a Navajo.
- Congested airports are putting tremendous strain on existing methods of air and ground control.
- Cosmonauts may tend to withdraw and speak in a monotone, giving brusque answers to questions from each other and ground control.
- Example products include aviation and ground control headsets, wireless communications devices, tactical communications equipment and emergency response dispatch systems.
- When the spacecraft Deep Space 1 flew past the asteroid Braille in July 1999, it was too far away from earth for ground control to direct all its movements.
- At 10: 29 CEST this morning, the ground control centre at the University in Aalborg received the first signals from the satellite.
- Genevieve switches on her two-way radio and, like an air-traffic controller, tells ground control who to send up, who's coming down.
- From ground control stations far-removed from the front lines, they can maneuver the Predator just like any other aircraft.
- Galileo will consist of 30 satellites in medium Earth orbit supported by a global network of ground control and monitoring stations.
- One ground control station can control one air vehicle or two air vehicles in relay.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.