In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(guiding principle)directriz femenino
- They also set a ground rule: Neither family has to do something they don't want to do.
- This is a thriller that cheekily defies the ground rule of keeping you in suspense about who did it.
- Just so you know, your Highness, there are a few ground rules to follow here.
- The ground rule on that subject would be never to make familiarity with one's earlier works necessary for enjoying or appreciating the current one.
- Before an interview, Johnson laid down the ground rule that he didn't want to talk about his Seattle days.
- The third ground rule, and the last, is that you must stick with your assignment.
- However, certain ground rules make good sense.
- I did tell all three guests that I'd provide them with a few guidelines and ground rules on how to conduct themselves here, but being lazy and incompetent, I never got round to it.
- They are brief (five to ten minutes), regular check-ins with simple ground rules.
- The ground rule up here that most people understand is there should never be more than four people flying in the area at any one time.
- Whether your blogs are by columnists or community members, there should be guidelines and ground rules that everyone is aware of.
- The rules I told you are ground rules; we'll make up the rest as we go.
- There should be two ground rules, at a minimum, for your employees.
- But before you get down to cashing in your discretionary calories, keep in mind the following ground rules for cheating without paying too high a price.
- Having some ground rules in legislation provides clear guidance to all parties, while preventing an abuse of power by the head of state.
- While the military set ground rules for coverage and attempted to grant access safely, journalists still were disappointed in the press pool arrangement.
- Another ground rule could establish one point of contact at each place where project staff are located.
- In essence, the exchange acts in a neutral capacity, setting the ground rules for buyers and sellers, who gather at the site and pay a fee for each transaction conducted.
- My first ground rule is always to tell the truth.
- One ground rule: I've had a policy of not editing comments of others, regardless of abusiveness.
2EEUUDeporteregla de terreno femeninoregla de campo femeninoregla local femenino Venezuelabefore noun ground rule double — doble de terreno / de campo masculino
- The speedy Rizzo went all the way around the bases and scored to the delight of the fans-only to be sent back to third base on a ground rule.
- Under the ground rules of the Astrodome, the ball was in play.
- By establishing ground rules, the playing field can be leveled for all participants.
- He learned the hard way about a Wrigley Field ground rule.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.