In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1base femeninohe gave her a thorough grounding in physics — le dio una sólida base en física
- Between my mom and the brigade of little old ladies from Tower 2, I had a solid grounding in the basics of knitting.
- In conclusion, this is a helpful guide for those wishing to get a basic grounding in typical minor piece sacrifices.
- But for the ones who could cope I think it was an excellent grounding in the subject.
- In his view the pupils received an excellent grounding in the key subjects of reading, writing and arithmetic, and if they passed Proficiency and then left school they had the basic skills to enter the workforce.
- It was mind-numbing stuff but it gave us the basic grounding in rugby skills.
- Yes, simulation can teach you stuff, but you have to have a solid grounding in basics before it helps you.
- My encounters in India will give me a real grounding of experience and knowledge before I start at university.
- This omnibus of three classic studies provides a basic grounding for scholars of India's maritime history.
- But then I realise that without a basic grounding in sociobiology, I would likely think the very same.
- It's just a beginning, but it does provide an essential grounding in the basic knowledge professionals need.
- Talk of giving primary school children a basic grounding in science is fanciful if we cannot find enough teachers at second level to teach maths and physics.
- This course provides a valuable introduction to the theoretical groundings and to the practical realities of Composition Studies.
- There are many such texts and I assume that the readers have a grounding in that subject.
- His grounding was a basic training in technical and commercial art in a New York art school on the GI Bill.
- For those who are new to the joys and traumas of tuning then this will give a thorough grounding in the subject.
- He agrees that any reasonably intelligent and communicative pairing of instructor and disabled diver should be able to sort out most problems, given a basic grounding in special diving skills.
- These groundings probably contributed to the comprehensiveness of his economic thought.
- And I think, first of all, it is a grounding in the basic facts of human nutrition, which I think people need to know because there's so much craziness out there today.
- In this maelstrom, in which the migrant soul had no way to learn or value nature, the only groundings were those of wealth, materialism, humanism, violence and conquest.
- We give them a practical grounding in subjects like computers, maths and communications as well as workshops related to the transition to third level.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.