- Let's hope that the Croke Park groundsmen raise the level of the mower a few inches higher when they make their last cut before the All-Ireland football final.
- An employee said that groundsmen sometimes light an occasional barrel fire for atmosphere.
- He is particularly well placed, with a council groundsman, landscape gardener and golf greenkeeper on his playing staff.
- He instructed his groundsmen to fell the rich canopy of ornamental trees that had once lined the roads leading to Middle Hill.
- Our groundsmen spotted several of them, and although they are more likely to be frightened of humans, we thought it was prudent to warn those who use the cemetery to watch where they walk.
- The staff, dressed in their work clothes as chefs, maids, butlers, groundsmen and gamekeepers, removed their hats as the funeral cortège slowly passed.
- Moving on to the police search of the groundsman's hangar building, he said he opened it up for the police.
- But for him to make such a impact - and that he does is so important to England - he will need the support of the groundsmen around the country in making sure they provide pitches with some life in them.
- He now works as a groundsman at the Ross Park Primary School.
- I spotted movement in the grass, looked down and there was the bane of gardeners and groundsmen everywhere, a mole.
- By the time he was a teenager in the 1950s, he was spending all his spare time at Recreation Park, cleaning boots, helping the groundsman, travelling to away games on the team bus.
- The Hibs groundsman declared it unplayable, and the referee indicated during the warm-up that the match would be completed only if there was no more rain.
- Nor can it function without its other officers or servants - whether registrars, librarians, groundsmen or security officers.
- One post snapped and fell to the floor as a brief gale blew across Belle Vue, and it took groundsmen 40 minutes to fix it and get the posts back up again, delaying the restart.
- Would it cost so much to employ a groundsman to keep the grass down and a few cleaners to give the place the once-over with a duster every now and then?
- The only thing that the referee and groundsmen were guilty of was wanting to give the match every possible chance of taking place.
- To begin by noting that this exhibition includes a transcript of an interview the artist conducted with the head groundsman of Ellis Park stadium might suggest that it is a bit tedious.
- Mr Warwick, who has had the goats for a year, classes them as volunteer groundsmen and says they are relentless workers who never shirk their duties.
- He started work as a groundsman with the local authority straight from school and has never looked back.
- We are competing against millionaire clubs and our only full-time paid employee is our groundsman and steward.