In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1período de crecimiento masculinoperíodo vegetativo masculino
- Just don't add any plants that may have been diseased during the growing season.
- Most of these plants flower on wood that is produced during the current growing season.
- However, most of the regions in China that will accommodate this kind of paddy are either in flood prone areas or are affected by short growing seasons as winter approaches.
- Now's the perfect time to plant it to give it a head start on the growing season.
- The use of greenhouses allows the growing season to be extended from February to November.
- Apply fish emulsion or a special hydrangea fertilizer during the growing season.
- Use the upper end of the range in warmer climates that have longer growing seasons, and less in cooler climates with shorter growing seasons.
- Pruning late in the growing season will encourage new growth that will be damaged by frost.
- This plant actually blooms twice in its growing season, once in early June and again in August.
- Plant the bulbs about once a month during the growing season for a summer-long supply.
- Therefore, short, cool growing seasons and cold winters are often thought of as barriers to crop growth and diversification in the Subarctic.
- You can often get a good deal on plants at this time of year, even on the late bloomers, especially in regions with short growing seasons.
- In areas with long growing seasons, plant hardy kiwis anytime, but do avoid the hottest parts of summer, when transplant stress is high.
- Cold temperatures and short growing seasons are the most obvious characteristics of the physical environment in the Arctic.
- To allow the tuber to reset for the next growing season you need to let them die back naturally.
- The more green wood you have when the growing season begins, the sooner your plant will bloom.
- During the subsequent growing seasons, you might consider using a compost mulch in spring, with fewer or lighter feedings in summer, or no additional fertilizer at all.
- To allow the shrub to recover in the following growing season, do this in late autumn to early spring.
- In areas where growing seasons are short, bloom seasons are also short.
- Trees grow quickly in the South because of long growing seasons and abundant rainfall.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.