In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1partido entre rivales encarnizados masculinoenfrentamiento entre rivales encarnizados masculino
- The biggest grudge match in British boxing for years is set to be the final sporting event staged at the Maine Road stadium before the bulldozers move in next summer.
- Oxford's two teams performed well during the day, with Oxford 1 beating New Forest Pirates, and Oxford 2 winning against Oxford 1 in the usual grudge match.
- It would be stretching things to call today's encounter a grudge match, but the winners will be able to say they have notched a ‘series’ win.
- It was a grudge match coming into it and there was unfinished business between us.
- It added to the tension out there, and what better than a grudge match to make it more interesting.
- IT WOULD be a celebrity grudge match of Amazonian proportions were the two women set against one another to wrestle the argument toward a resolution, but it will never happen.
- India played Pakistan in the ultimate grudge match, a match that also was vital for Pakistan's chances of making the Super Six - less so for India.
- The intricacies of this sport have changed interminably in the 29 years since their epic first meeting in New York, but everyone still loves a genuine grudge match.
- It was billed as the ultimate grudge match - East versus West.
- An avid Yankees fan, he treats the contest like an extended grudge match against the Mets.
- Though rap videos were rare on MTV at the time, ‘Walk This Way,’ with its elaborate story line of a comical grudge match between rappers and rockers, was a constant fixture on the station for months.
- It was not just because it had some of the elements of David against Goliath - it was because it was a grudge match between ancient rivals, one that could not have been bettered by a tiny team from the Falls taking on Rangers.
- Both insist the grudge match is for real and have linked up with amateur boxing clubs to train for the showdown on an official Amateur Boxing Association-sanctioned show.
- More than 1,000 punters will visit Raydale Park on Thursday night for a neighbourly grudge match with Carlisle, but most impressively double that will attend their historical opening home fixture against Greenock Morton.
- The final day of competition was a grudge match of rugby contested between Adelaide and Arunta.
- Today's race is a grudge match between two horse owners from the Fletcher Street stables, a small, run-down hundred-year-old structure, one of the few remaining stables in North Philadelphia.
- The opening match of the 7th World Cup will surely be the grudge match of the tournament and will no doubt set the scene for a fiercely contested title fight.
- The match was a good grudge match, but no technical marvel.
- In the first semi-final, the grudge match between Albatross Old Boys and Albatross Two was always going to be a closely contested match.
- So, its a grudge match between Northern and Southern Africa.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.