In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1GTia Peugeot GTi — un Peugeot GTi
- The imminent arrival of the GTi version should further boost sales.
- With memories of the 205 GTi growing dimmer, Peugeot probably needed to do more to stay in the game than this.
- Only one engine gets the special GTi badge, a 2-litre 200 bhp FSi.
- It is a small car with cute looks, the first to wear the famous GTi badge, and its punchy pocket rocket engine producing 125 bhp is a real adrenaline gusher.
- Where it is a definite winner is in its performance, designed to be appreciated by GTi car drivers.
- gran turismo injection
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.