In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of child)tutor masculinotutora femenino
- As his parents and his legal guardians, we must stay in Australia to represent him in his case.
- The freedom from coercion to have or to adopt a religion or belief and the liberty of parents and guardians to ensure religious and moral education cannot be restricted.
- And as parents or guardians of young people it's important that we stay aware of what's happening out there, no matter how unsavoury.
- No adult should be permitted to take a child from her parent or guardian, and then take away her nascent free will.
- Parents or guardians responded for children aged less than 13.
- If so the patient may be unable to instruct a solicitor and will require a guardian ad litem in any court proceedings.
- Children have the right to live in a safe and secure environment and it is the responsibility of their parents and guardians to provide this environment.
- The parents or guardians of such young mothers should also reflect upon their responsibilities towards their children and grandchildren.
- Then the court will decide who must take care of minor children unless the parents have appointed a guardian.
- Such procedural rights were extended only to parents, guardians and custodians.
- You see, a good number of parents and guardians in this part of town just couldn't manage to get their kids to school on time (let alone feed them breakfast).
- Children go into care when their current parent or guardian is unable to look after them, or if the child's health, safety or well-being is at risk.
- It is the responsibility of parents and guardians to control and monitor what their children view.
- Family members are parents or guardians of children who attend the pre-school group.
- Parents or guardians for the children were responsible for completing the instrument.
- Corporal punishment of children occurs primarily during the education process or at the hands of parents or guardians.
- Orphans were placed under the protection of a guardian by means of action taken by a sanctuary.
- Only parents, guardians or teachers of young people would be able to call in the police in this way, said a Conservative spokesman.
- New clause 4A states that the child's parents and guardians should have the primary responsibility for the child's care.
- Regulations 7 and 8 spell out an adoption agency's duties in respect of a child, his parents or guardian and prospective adopter.
2(protector)defensor masculinodefensora femeninocustodio masculinocustodia femeninoguardian of sth — custodio de algo
- As self-appointed guardians of public sensibility, these organisations get to draw the line on what is acceptable.
- Individual rights can be protected only by independent guardians operating in the public light.
- These publicity-seeking, self-appointed guardians of our morals have no right to dictate to us what we shall or shall not do.
- Contrary to popular belief, dragons were guardians and protectors, not rampaging monsters.
- For centuries, despite forays into excesses and hypocrisy, the Church acted as a guardian of private and public morality.
- Instead of acting as guardians and protectors, those in power are posing serious threats to the safety and security of our country and its citizens.
- There are two strong guardians to protect against this: fear and shame.
- The guardians were the protectors of the living pharaoh.
- And where are the guardians and protectors of all that is right and good in western medicine?
- These are guardians, defending Buddhism from those that would harm it.
- This judge has failed time and time again to properly apply the laws put in place by the people of Florida for the purpose of protecting Wards from unscrupulous guardians.
- When the putative guardians of public morality put the screws to crime and horror comics, distributors refused to put them on newsstands.
- Self-appointed guardians of orthodoxy in any number of faiths could use the legislation to harass dissidents within their own communities.
- Every 500 hundred years new guardians are chosen to protect Earth and it's people.
- Whenever these self-appointed guardians of alcoholic and architectural merit get involved, an elitist macho tone taints proceedings.
- The film revolves round a martial arts master who comes to America in search of the next guardian who would protect the powerful scroll in his possession.
- They are the protectors and guardians of this land and they will prove great allies for us.
- There are eight guardians who protect these eight weapons, and they all must be defeated before ownership can be claimed.
- As grown-ups we are able to exercise choice. These self-appointed moral guardians seem to think they have the right to ban that choice.
- And he's the guardian and protector of our barbecue, to make sure that everything is strictly kosher.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.