In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(candidate/election) a gobernador(candidate/election) para gobernador(speech) del gobernador
- According to the bill, the province is allowed to arrange direct gubernatorial elections, whenever it is ready.
- The gubernatorial election would be determined by the city's 83 councillors.
- We're excited about your son's hopeful gubernatorial election this year.
- They are still finding uncounted ballots in Washington state from last fall's gubernatorial election.
- He expressed the hope that stability during gubernatorial elections might signal the return of security and order in the province.
- I hope the administration is serious in this effort, and not just making empty promises ahead of the gubernatorial election.
- After the attorney helped a gubernatorial candidate win an election, he became the governors counsel.
- So the California gubernatorial recall election has been delayed until March.
- The gubernatorial election regulation requires that a candidate should be at least a senior high school graduate.
- The Californian gubernatorial election had just got under way and everyone and their brother-in-law seemed to be running.
- Before this date, the minister is expected to appoint a caretaker whose main task will be to prepare a gubernatorial election.
- Widespread money politics was often reported during regional gubernatorial and regental elections.
- Interestingly, these PR projects began to multiply after gubernatorial elections were done away with late last year.
- Virginia is one of only two states with gubernatorial races this election year.
- Her brother Mitch is lieutenant governor and a future gubernatorial prospect.
- Between now and next year, 38 states and two territories will hold gubernatorial elections.
- The gubernatorial election is still not over in Washington state.
- The new organization demanded wider public participation and transparency during the next gubernatorial election.
- In between times, things are tightly controlled by the gubernatorial staff.
- In contrast, a mayoral or gubernatorial election involves specific candidates, so it imposes stability.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.