In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1helicóptero artillado masculino
- US forces are again bombing people in Baghdad and strafing them from helicopter gunships.
- Under the covering fire of the gunships, troop-carrying helicopters raced into the airstrip.
- The warplane strike and the helicopter gunship have become prime weapons in the US war against the urban guerrillas.
- Army helicopter gunships and MiG fighter planes lead the attacks but cannot distinguish between hardened officers and fresh abductees.
- They were supplied with weapons and air support from helicopter gunships and Antonov bombers.
- Just beyond the camp is a large airfield where dozens of helicopter gunships and MiG fighter jets are protected by concrete bomb shelters.
- The city was also pounded by fire from helicopter gunships, jet fighters, tanks and machine guns.
- A government office that had been taken over by the militiamen and used to store ammunition was strafed by a helicopter gunship and then reduced to rubble by tank fire.
- In the meantime, there were repeated air strikes on the city from US warplanes and helicopter gunships.
- Tight control of jet aircraft and helicopter gunships is necessary to avoid fratricide.
- Later, coordinated tactics between gunships and other helicopters led to the use of color-coded teams.
- Government forces used mortars, helicopter gunships and airplanes to bombard rebel positions.
- It stands to reason that the Philippine armed forces contained the rebellion by pounding the rebels with helicopter gunships and bombers.
- The remaining fighters could offer little resistance against helicopter gunships, tanks and overwhelming troop numbers.
- Helicopter gunships and jet fighters used the opportunity to carry out strafing and bombing runs over suspected Iraqi positions.
- Helicopter gunships over the city made repeated dives at clusters of fighters, and artillery was brought in for the first time.
- Tanks and helicopter gunships exchanged fire with hundreds of armed men in the camp.
- American fighter aircraft and helicopter gunships launched airstrikes against insurgent positions.
- The warplanes and helicopter gunships were ready, their crews primed to deliver precision strikes.
- He said that helicopter gunships and navy patrol boats had strafed the communities, and that scores of civilians had been killed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.