In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He needs games where you call your own fouls and are force-fed the creative and intuitive parts of the game that always flow better on hard courts and sweaty inner-city gyms.
- How in the world could a school with such a dinky gym ever help a league with big-time aspirations?
- It also has an Olympic-size swimming pool and indoor gyms with wrestling and judo mats, fencing strips and a boxing ring.
- Like me in the offseason, he was in the gym working on the things he needed to.
- Many of our games were held in cramped high school gyms and armories.
- If he wants me to stay in the gym, I'll set up a cot and shoot free throws at two in the morning.
- They had swimming pools, gyms, tennis courts and all that.
- Educators pushed the ‘community education’ concept which led to organized afterschool activities that opened even more gyms.
- I was a kid who just found a gym or a ballfield or made a football game with the neighborhood kids.
- The dance's held in the gym, but the gym is so huge that you'll be stuck there forever cleaning up.
- He was told that Lauren was doing a gymnastics exercise in the school gym in March 1995 when she jumped from a springboard.
- Still, every town, no matter how small or remote, needs a school; and every school has a field or a gym to play in.
- He was quick for his size, could jump out of the gym, and loved to play defense.
- Then my uncle, who used to box, sent me to a local boxing gym.
- Which isn't to say he always was tethered to a desk or running sprints in the gym.
- Do you get a different enjoyment from going into a hostile gym and playing well?
- Basketball gyms were filled to capacity and newer and larger arenas were built to accommodate this increased interest.
- One player who walks into the gym and all her teammates are a little afraid of what she might do next.
- Our kids have been traipsing around the city for three decades, using 25 different gyms for practice and nine different gyms for home games during that time.
- The games sometimes are played in other gyms and arenas but still contain a special intensity that is hard to match.
- These girls are likely to be introduced to new activities such as aerobics, swimming and gym training.
- My solution to this would be to make things like performing in gym optional or possibly not do it at all.
- The best thing that worked for my son was when he came to an adult open gym with me.
- She was glad to be in gym; it was the only class where she didn't have to think much about stuff she didn't want to think about.
- Out in the field, with the hoe swung above her head, she jokes that it's a good as any gym workout.
- The players are also completing gym and net sessions before they leave for England next month.
- The people's custom likes go to the cinema, play football, gym and other sports activity.
- Playgroups, outings with friends, reading time, time on the computer, music groups and toddler gym.
- You only have an hour or so of gym time per week, so don't use it preaching, use it teaching.
- The youngster loved animals, as well as horse riding, tennis, gym and swimming.
- I used to think gym and sport was absolutely the pits, because I had no idea about what to do in either of them.
- That means gruelling daily gym sessions and regular ice time at Altrincham, where he is a junior coach.
- But we both really like rock music and that helped me out no end, as I would often do a lot of gym work with some good music in the background.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.