In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- From then on coaches and girls alike realised that a smaller gymnast meant a better gymnast.
- She started as a gymnast after finding motivation from watching the Olympic Games as a child.
- His principle is to train a gymnast who will immediately stand head and shoulders above all the others.
- The gymnasts train Monday to Saturday, seven hours a day.
- She may use a mental technique gymnasts are trained in: the art of erecting an impermeable wall after each passing moment.
- The team she joined was made up of gymnasts who won gold medals at the Olympics in Mexico.
- The team format calls for three gymnasts to compete per event with three scores counting.
- It would be incorrect to ascribe the victories of our gymnasts to me, personally.
- The gymnasts are incredible athletes operating under excruciating pressure.
- Thirteen years ago I spent three weeks in Auckland as a gymnast competing for Wales in the Commonwealth Games.
- For example, it is the problem of the same gymnasts competing in both tournaments.
- Her younger sister, Olga, is a former gymnast who is studying to be a gymnastics coach.
- Eight gymnasts were in Calgary for the past week training in the first of two camps.
- The son of two college gymnasts, Lance was enrolled in gymnastics from an early age.
- In the men's competition, a different gymnast was in the lead in each of the six events.
- Both the gymnasts and coaches have put a lot of effort into training for this competition, and we are delighted with the results.
- The gymnasts competed for the first time according to the new compulsory program.
- Everyone agrees that Olympic divers and gymnasts are competitive athletes.
- Other women gymnasts were unavailable to compete in the cup for one reason or another.
- To compete in Sydney, gymnasts have to turn 16 by the end of the year.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.