In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hora H femenino
- Preplanned raids at specific H-hours typified the 4th ID's operations.
- H-hour of 2359 would produce maximum surprise, making it difficult for enemy forces to mobilize to repel an invasion.
- A compromise was reached and the H-hour was changed from 1800 hours to 1405 hours on 6 October.
- He will also be there with the troops in body armour and helmet minutes before H-hour - the moment the attack begins - when live ammunition is issued, to try to calm any last-minute nerves.
- However, in the History of the War at Sea, the ships in the Western Task Force, opened fire at H-hour on D-day, an hour before those of us who were in the Eastern Task Force.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.