In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1gacetillera femenino despectivo
- Forgive me for being a cynical hackette, but he seems to be taking his cue from his fellow Irishman, who has gained the respect of the international community for his role in the campaign to eradicate third world debt.
- Skeptical hackette I may be, but beneath this cynical exterior, beats the heart of a old-fashioned romantic.
- Her debut novel detailed the adventures of Susan, a hot young hackette who sleeps her way to the top.
- Jigging amongst a bevy of beautiful hackettes and not so gorgeous hacks, George was able to shimmy and twist so that his head was level with most other folk's ankles.
- He remembers a hackette on a film magazine expressing astonishment that all its subs had degrees.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.