In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(de un reloj) espiral femenino
- The curb pins on the regulator must be adjusted so that the hairspring hits them when it is supposed to.
- When the spring is released current ceases to flow in the coil allowing the hairspring to return the balance.
- This oscillation is not exactly a parallel to the balance wheel and hairspring of a clockwork watch, but the fact is that both use oscillations to keep track of passing time.
- In most cases they used a long extension of the hairspring and pinned it to the base of the balance cock.
- The two hairsprings are offset at 180 degrees to provide optimal balance, better regulation, easy adjustment, improved stability and greater precision.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.