In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1EEUU(cream and milk)mezcla de crema y leche
- One of her newest creations, the Naughty Adult Mocha, combines espresso, bittersweet chocolate sauce, brandy, Bailey's, Kahlua and half-and-half.
- Add milk, cream, or half-and-half all at once.
- His coffee isn't the way he likes it since they've run out of half-and-half.
- And it comes with those little plastic containers of half-and-half that have the consistency of house paint.
- We were out of milk, so I stupidly dumped a pint of half-and-half in a glass and drank the whole thing in one disgusted gulp.
- I'd wake every morning to stir lumps of butter into his Cream of Wheat or half-and-half into his oatmeal, spooning it into his mouth in frantic disbelief as his belly - the target of many years of nagging - slowly melted away.
- In the bottom of 15-by - 10-by - 2-inch baking dish or large casserole dish, whisk together the eggs and half-and-half.
- I just love the tea tray you find in hotel rooms here, with little cute biscuits and great half-and-half they simply call HALF FAT milk.
- And I must have half-and-half in our cooler, or I can't go anywhere.
- For the pistachio creme anglaise, in a blender, combine the milk, half-and-half, and pistachios, and purée until smooth, about two minutes.
- Me, having made a cappuccino with half-and-half instead of regular milk: ‘Look at all that foam!’
- In a blender, combine honeycomb ice cream and half-and-half, and blend to desired consistency.
- Stir in the milk or half-and-half and remove from heat.
- When cooking, you can substitute evaporated skim milk or fat-free half-and-half for cream in recipes for soups and sauces.
- I mean, the whole point of half-and-half is to reduce your yummy heavy-cream intake (by half) without losing the yummy heavy cream entirely.
- For a richer texture but milder oyster flavor, you can substitute half-and-half (light cream) for 1 to 2 cups of the milk.
- I accepted a mug, but then remembered he didn't have any half-and-half.
- Add the stock, half-and-half, and cornhusk and bring to a boil.
- When I substituted lower-fat dairy products, like half-and-half and evaporated milk, they caused the sauce to curdle.
- Room means don't fill the cup up to the top: this way there's room for cream, half-and-half, or whatever.
2Britanico(beer and stout)mezcla de cerveza rubia y negra
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.