In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1carrera de 13.11 millas
- It attracts runners from around the world to compete in an ultra-marathon and a half-marathon.
- UK Athletics said it will fund four male and four female athletes to compete at the international half-marathon in Reims, France, on 17 October.
- Don't worry about time in your first half-marathon - even if you walk portions of the race, that's fine.
- His plan had always been to retire from the track after Athens to concentrate on half-marathons and marathons.
- Well, if I liken my writing career to a half-marathon race, I'd say I'm about halfway.
- Coun Fox said he used to run marathons and half-marathons, but was now de-motivated and unable to sleep.
- Furthermore runners from the locality did well at the Lisburn half-marathon, that also incorporated a ten-kilometre race.
- Entry to the schools' competition is free, the half-marathon is R30 and the 10 km race R20.
- There were four races in this year's event - the full 26-mile marathon, a half-marathon, a corporate relay challenge and a fun run.
- ‘I couldn't do the event last year because I was competing in the World half-marathon championships,’ said Jenkins.
- As editors of this magazine, we'd like to put our money where our mouths are and not only challenge you to train for your first half-marathon, but to come race with us!
- Since 1982, when he ran his first marathon, he has completed 31 full marathons, another 35 half-marathons and other runs of various distances.
- Instead, she found a programme of races that culminated in victory at the world half-marathon championships in Vera Cruz, Mexico.
- Some 15,000 others who competed in the full and half-marathons and the 5K race know otherwise.
- Along with the marathon, there were also several other races including a 10 km, half-marathon and a marathon relay.
- In the four years since her diagnosis Jane has, among other notable athletic endeavours, cycled from Land's End to John O'Groats, completed the Half Ironman triathlon and numerous marathons and half-marathons, raising more £600,000.
- In his running diary he has recorded more than 80,000 km since 1987 and participated in 29 marathons, 16 ultra-marathons, 22 triathlons and 20 half-marathons.
- The event will also include a half-marathon, wheelchair race, four-person relay and 5K race.
- Danny, 45, has already completed 13 marathons and 80 half-marathons to raise money for a variety of charities.
- Dad used to train for his marathons and half-marathons in Delamere Forest, near our home in Cheshire.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.