In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1verdad a medias femenino
- In reality, this means it combines actual events, half-truths and outright fiction.
- So they've swallowed whole a bunch of half-truths and falsehoods and, quite literally, built a federal case out of it.
- If this does not happen, then the values and truths a writer seeks to convey remain half-truths and half lies.
- No sooner had this farrago of half-truths and complete fiction been discredited then along came the second myth.
- As she cuts through layers of truths and half-truths, the author reveals a cycle of pain and longing that spans three generations of women.
- So he may be forced to tell misleading half-truths about ‘Barbara's’ performance.
- So why is it that our stories are riddled with half-truths and part-truths and secrets and lies?
- If anyone is misleading the American public, it is you for presenting a series of half-truths as the whole truth.
- But the whole thing was such a cynical mix of half-truths, untruths and twisted logic that it ended up besting me.
- Stand-alone mothers have a habit of dominating their histories with dramatic inventions and embarrassing half-truths, so the truth was cloudy.
- It's a struggle between the truth, the half-truth, and the downright lie; between the likely, through the merely possible, to the very far-fetched indeed.
- How could it have avoided becoming just another part of the whole elaborate web of half-truths, misinformation and spin?
- Your crusade to unseat them by peddling exaggerations and half-truths lowers you to their level.
- There is more than one way not to tell the truth: half-truths, omissions and deliberate ambiguities can be just as effective as crude lies if the mission is to mislead.
- As we have come to suspect, it is partisan to the point of being littered with falsehoods, half-truths and unfair coloring of the events.
- Can't we at least, somewhere in the midst of deception, half-truths and outright lies, catch an honest break?
- Here's a primer on the issues that will help sort through the truths, half-truths, and exaggerations in the coming debate.
- The probe had to look into a plethora of truths, half-truths, hearsay, gossip and rumours, the minister said.
- She has woven a web of lies, truths and half-truths.
- They spin stories based off of half-truths and cater to spiteful impulses.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.