In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1also Hall of Fame(room, building)galería de personajes famosos femenino
2(ranks of famous people)this feat will ensure her place in athletics' hall of fame — esta hazaña le garantiza un puesto entre las estrellas / en los anales del atletismo
- Having been inducted into the Texas and Missouri Country Music Halls of Fame earlier this year she was then honoured with the Living Legend Award, and just recently received the Golden Guitar award.
- Mark Fisher's fantastical Brobdingnagian stage sets are about as close as architects ever get to rock and roll, which remains, despite Halls of Fame and Hard Rock Cafes, essentially uninstitutionalizable.
- She has been inducted into six Halls of Fame, including the International Swimming Hall of Fame.
- Proposals are being put forward for the inauguration of a Hall of Fame, to recognize outstanding local karatekas.
- This year there are eight category awards, a Hall of Fame and an Overall Winner.
- Wilkinson is the only individual to be inducted into the NRHA, AQHA, and NCHA Halls of Fame.
- In fact, Pezzano has been inducted into a total of 10 Halls of Fame (five for bowling performance and five for meritorious service/outstanding service).
- If Bermuda had had a Hall of Fame back in 1976 when Mr. Hill won his medal, he would have been inducted immediately.
- They should wake up to the fact that the way things are going, fans may not even care that there is a Hall of Fame.
- I feel very honored to know you think this story could be in a Hall of Fame.
- Nick Faldo has won the last two Opens there, in 1987 and 1992, and going back in time the list of winners reads like a Hall of Fame.
- Yet this uncommon practice vaulted Smitty into both the ABC and PBA Halls of Fame.
- While Bodine may never enter a Hall of Fame, he is a proud survivor.
- Zernograd's museum doubles as a Hall of Fame for its wheat farmers; Eureka has a monument to wheat in front of its museum.
- But if you're planning an April Fools' Day gag, be sure to browse through the galleries of the Museum of Hoaxes, a Hall of Fame for history's greatest pranks.
- It surely ranks near the top of my list for this size and class and if there were a Hall of Fame for powerboats this would no doubt be one of the first inductees.
- Among the other recommendations which should not attract any argument is the call for the development of a Hall of Fame to showcase the history of British racing.
- He hands me a copy of Boxing Digest with an article on Muhammad Ali being inducted into this Hall of Fame - an event, in Jack's opinion, that was buried by the Canadian press.
- But, much to my surprise, when I go to tot up the scores at the end of blogging all my records (by forty), this will not be featuring in any Hall of Fame.
- Rather than a Hall of Fame, I would like to see a Hall of Shame instituted for Australian sport.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.