In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1portero masculinoportera femenino
- So basically you are doing the job of a really good hall porter.
- The position of hall porter is a very busy job, and one where there is constant contact with the customer.
- The concierges, called hall porters here, are just to the right, efficiently satisfying demands.
- Wine waiter positions, hall porters and cook jobs can be found for the whole of the London area.
- Sometimes, they are very generous and give the hall porter a pound coin as gratuity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.