In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1volante masculinofolleto masculino
- Campaign handbills and petitions appealed to people's wartime sense of patriotism, democracy, and fairness.
- I was also taken to Calgary and distributed other handbills to homeless people I met on the street.
- It was also being put on posters and handbills for distribution in Iraq.
- The poem was circulated on handbills and printed in newspapers.
- In cooperation with the Revenue Department, it has made arrangements for on-the-spot issue of necessary documents to claim compensation, and handbills have been distributed extensively.
- On the Saturday morning a bill was posted in the Court House, at the police station and a handbill distributed around the town.
- Instead, the parties relied more on printed material, including pamphlets, handbills and posters.
- Refreshments were on sale at the miller's house, together with pamphlets and handbills telling the story of his life and quoting his poems.
- Near the ground, Glennon came across a wad of handbills advertising the game.
- There, the Supreme Court, rather off-handedly, allowed the state to ban the distribution of commercial handbills in the absence of a showing of any harm to any consumers.
- The marchers distributed handbills to onlookers, pedestrians, commuters and motorists inviting them to the crusade at sites nearest to their homes.
- The camper says that landowners who need eight hundred hands print up thousands of handbills and thousands of workers show up.
- Caleb himself is the celebrated subject of a handbill, authored and distributed by Gines under the auspices of Falkland, that pursues him in his peripatetic evasion of persecution.
- He also helps design posters and handbills to support his recorded messages.
- This impression might have circulated as a handbill.
- From its origins in colonial handbills, signboards, and newspaper announcements, American advertising by the late twentieth century had grown into a multi-billion dollar industry.
- The article states that permission will be required for businesses and others to use amplification, distribute pamphlets and place handbills on vehicles - although apparently election material will be exempted.
- He soon found that distributing handbills was illegal, so he printed handbills with an advertisement for the sub expo on one side and a protest against the city's refusal to allow him to moor the sub where he pleased on the other.
- There was no lack of supporting newspapers, handbills, circulars, and posters.
- For one performance, because I felt the audience might not be familiar with what I was doing, I decided to hand out a handbill that cited my sources.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.