1EEUU(on bicycle)freno (de pastilla) masculino
2BritanicoAutomóvilesfreno de mano masculinoto apply/release the handbrake — poner/sacar / soltar el freno de mano
- Someone released the handbrake, causing the vehicle to roll down the hill and hit two parked cars.
- ‘I was told that the car should not be in gear and that the handbrake should be on,’ said Alan.
- He pulls up the handbrake and tests to see if they hold.
- I didn't like the electric handbrake, it was very confusing and the digital speedo is difficult to read.
- It has a punchy 1.6 litre petrol engine and lots of useful gadgets, including an electric handbrake and automatic lights and wipers, as well as lots of useful storage space.
- Turn off the ignition of vehicles and put the handbrakes on.
- Fortunately, the driver was able to stop the vehicle using the handbrake and nobody was hurt.
- Rob Hirst, an inspector with the Health and Safety Executive, found that the handbrake on the tractor was not working effectively when he arrived at the scene.
- The operation of the handbrake, steering, brake and clutch oozes quality, and the fittings are impressive.
- Policemen allegedly pursued looting suspects, leaving the handbrake off and the vehicle out of gear.
- In several quick, smooth movements, he had taken off the handbrake, shifted the gears and pulled the car out of the parking spot.
- The driver of a nearby car gave her a strange look and asked: ‘Why don't you just pull up the handbrake?’
- He would accelerate, then pull the handbrake up and then he would have to keep really good control of the steering wheel as the car spun round.
- Poorly working handbrakes are a particular hazard.
- He had stopped on the slope, applied the handbrake and left the tractor to clear a blockage in the attached baler, leaving the engine running.
- Then I noticed it was under the steering wheel - one of those new-fangled stupid handbrakes.
- Disable the vehicles involved by turning off engines and applying handbrakes.
- Conventional handbrakes are being replaced by electronic buttons that release the brakes.
- She pulls the handbrake, but being her, doesn't pull it on harder enough.
- There's a smart storage space in the centre console where the handbrake and gear lever usually are: here you can put your keys, handbag, mobile phone and there's also room for a lap top.