In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pistola femeninorevólver masculino
- The reporter had a choice of fake handguns, pistols and revolvers on display in a glass case among books and small toys.
- You cannot address crime prevention without getting rid of assault weapons and handguns.
- Prohibited weapons handed in included seven handguns and two shotguns.
- Shotguns and handguns may also have straps, but our present interest is the hunting rifle.
- It is stated that Australia banned ownership of most handguns and semiauto rifles.
- Five years after the sweeping 1998 ban on handguns, handgun crime had doubled.
- About halfway through the game guns show up - handguns, shotguns, and a few rifles.
- They are available for most popular models of service handguns, revolvers and autos.
- Most gun injuries and deaths were caused by handguns, not shotguns and rifles, the seminar heard.
- They went over to a spot on one wall where handguns and revolvers were set up.
- The vast majority of my field and hunting handguns are single action revolvers.
- From six long guns and a few handguns to dozens of long guns and dozens of handguns, you can find what you need.
- The gang was carrying a handgun, shotgun and an assortment of iron bars.
- A vicar has been charged with firearm offences after a handgun and bullets were found in his home by police.
- The photos in the different tactical articles show handguns and rifles in use.
- A safe in the building was recently opened revealing sub-machine guns, handguns and listening devices.
- So far, he had only ever used hunting guns such as shot guns or rifles, and handguns like the one his father kept with his new uniform.
- Mostly light weapons such as assault rifles and handguns were destroyed.
- It can serve as a shotgun, an accurate big bore rifle, a handgun, and even as a flare gun.
- The plot was uncovered as the three set out on their mission armed with rifles, handguns, swords and knifes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.